No. The deposit addresses for every cryptocurrency that we support are generated during the manufacturing process. The primary coin address is printed on the QR code sticker and the other coins’ addresses are stored in our database. All addresses are derived from the same BIP38 two-factor private key, which is deleted immediately after the manufacturing process and not stored anywhere. When you activate additional cryptocurrency accounts on your Ballet Cold Storage card, the app retrieves the pre-generated addresses from our database. It does not generate new private keys or addresses. For more information on Ballet’s patented 2FKG manufacturing process, please visit: https://www.balletcrypto.com/2FKG
Articles in this section
- How is it possible to generate a cryptocurrency address from a passphrase entropy and private key entropy without combining them on the same computer?
- How are Ballet passphrase entropy and private key entropy are matched correctly during the manufacturing process?
- How do you verify that each Ballet Cold Storage's private key entropy can be decrypted by the passphrase entropy before selling cold storage cards to the public?
- How is it possible to generate a private key entropy without knowing the passphrase entropy needed to decrypt it?
- How does Ballet ensure that there are no defects in the manufacturing process?
- Does the Ballet Crypto app generate new cryptocurrency addresses when I activate additional cryptocurrency accounts on my Ballet Cold Storage card?
- Why do Ballet Cold Storage cards have serial numbers?